I live in a box of paints...

As the incomparable Joni Mitchell sang. Well I did today for an hour or so. A bean jar and a little painting this Sunday on the theme of Jacob's ladder. I found it incredibly therapeutic. I blame looking at all those Paul Klee books the other weekend.

Lorraine doing unspeakable work, and when she finished we took a walk by the grey sea, and onto the pier. I was fascinated, as usual by the Dolphin Derby and took a couple of snaps. I love the scowling fish looking down on people.

Heard an obituary of the formidable Nancy Tait on BBC Radio 4, who has died aged 89. I worked for her for several months in a pokey office in Cuffley for her charity in support of people who had died of industrial diseases. More in my daywork blog about that.

Below a colour sketch for Jacob's ladder, the Dolphin Derby under starter's orders, and a lucky winner.







Comments