A different beat

Off to work as normal this morning, thinking happily how this is the penultimate day's travel for some time. Just before I arrived at the agency I experienced some rather spectacular palpitations.

I called Lorraine who was very reassuring. I then decided to walk into the agency and sit quietly in reception to gather myself. In so doing I bumped into Betsy who was concerned for me and very supportive. After a while the receptionist decided err on the side of caution, and call an ambulance as I was looking a bit wussy.

Soon I trotted outside and was seen by two delightful ambulance paramedics called Pat and Nat from the Charing Cross hospital. By then the palpitations were over, and they ran an ECG, which was absolutely fine. After some other checks, they released me back into the wild, recommending I take it easy for a couple of days. Had quite a few laughs with them, and I requested a Brazilian when they were shaving my chest hair. One said she was famous for talking too much which is why there was an oxygen cylinder there to replenish the air. Very reassuring, professional and nice.

So after talking to Betsy, I simply went home, feeling a bit foolish. My body letting me know it needed to start its holiday two days earlier. Slightly peeved to have travelled all the way to the agency, simply to turn around again having earned nothing. Spoke to Katie and Betsy later, who are going to be working together next week, and Lorraine called to monitor me.

Return home early to a delighted cat, and had a deep sleep this afternoon. Lorraine came around this evening, and we watched Red Riding on TV. Which was grim but interesting. Despite being tired I had been palpitation free for the rest of the day.

Comments