No rest for the wicked

London again. Walking out through the gates of the graveyard, near where the kids smoke their weed, I was beset by such a strong smell of earth it stopped me in my tracks. A concrete post had just been pulled out of the earth, bringing with it a rich, wonderful smelling soil with it. A Proustian moment, taking me back to times when I have smelled freshly dug earth.

Work was fairly tiresome but still okay. Had lunch with Betsy in Plum. She is the best thing about this spot of agency freelance. A person to add to your collection. Also saw Matty boy for a bit. He is just about to set off to Antarctica with his father, for a manly and bonding holiday. I left work promptly as I had more referencing work for my nice pharma client to do. Also rebooked Mum's flight ticket, which I had misbooked the day before.

Meanwhile Lorraine had brought around one of her gorgeous chicken curries and cooked some rice, and we had a nice supper watching the wonderful Wallace and Gromit 's Curse of the were rabbit story on TV. Wonderful to relax and chat before Lorraine left to collect Beth and I resumed work and was done by about midnight.

Comments