All well in the world

Off to the Doctor's first thing this morning. For the first time in my life I can honestly say that I have a good relationship with my GP, which lessens all my other neuroses such as white coat syndrome. Today he had two students sitting in during my consultation and my blood pressure was taken twice, and fortunately was normal. He confirmed ECG readings were fine and dandy, and I left feeling rather cheerful. And the doctor saying my holiday was perfectly timed. In the afternoon I slept for almost three hours.

After this I felt brimming with optimism and cheeriness. Simple things like going into Sainsbury's seemed happy. It was red nose day, and so many of the staff were wearing tutus, including the men, which was at least colourful. And I fell into a nice conversation with a blue haired girl behind the counter at the pharmacy. Apparently it comes off in her sleep. I pictured her waking up with her pale emo face looking even paler with blue tinged skin and sheets.

A noticable difference between Brighton and London is that people down here actually talk to you as a human when you are shopping - so the person at check out for example will give you his theories about a certain movie for example.

In the evening Lorraine came by, and we trotted off to the Battle of Trafalgar a few yards away from my house, for a cheery beer and a weekly download, and then scored some light Chinese grub feeling that all's well in the world.

Comments