Cat in the doghouse

Cat induced sleep deprivation is getting beyond a joke. Even if I boot Calliope from the bedroom, she unflaggingly scratches at the door like a demented poltergeist until I get up, even if this is two hours later. How a kitten can have this monomaniac intensity? Almost as testing is the fact that once she is absolutely satisfied I am unalterably awake, she nips off for a short nap.

After a bit of admin, gardening in the Spring sun this morning, much to the delight of the cat who spent an hour and a half rushing me from all points of the compass. Hard frost may have done in my little tree, and possibly my arum lilies, but time will tell. Otherwise good to see daffodils.

Was late for Steve the Chiropractor, and had a decent cracking. Apparently tension in my shoulders is creeping back, and my lower spine popped like a 21 gun salute, but I slinked home with a spine like a young grass snake, which was nice.

Later I enjoyed speaking to Diane, who told me about her red nose caper.

In the evening up to road to see Anton. Anna is staying with Anton's Mum as Keith is still in hospital. The bairns upstairs and asleep when I got there. Anton has his hands full, and is missing Anna and is worried about Keith.

Anton had cooked us a mighty fine keema curry. We scarfed this and listened to a variety of tunes. Was good to hear John Lennon's song Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite! from Sgt. Pepper. In my mind this is the theme tune to the the Ray Bradbury novel Something wicked this way comes. I love the woozy unreality of it, and that its inspiration was an old poster Lennon saw in a antique shop.

Comments

aimee said…
Hello lovely. Our cat lives in the loo at nightime, in a lovely cosy box with blankets in it. Once they're used to it, they put themselves to bed there. Door scratching/head leaping/foot attacking problem solved. Lock her in the kitchen with a cosy bed all made up.... worth a shot...

See you soon, have a lovely time in Guernsey. xx
Mex said…
Bolli does exactly the same. He will climb over me in bed, bat my face with his paw, sit on my head & miaow in my ear until get up to feed him. He then wanders around the garden for a minute or so an comes back and falls asleep for most of the day. This is particularly galling at weekends & this morning when the clocks went forward.