Sunburnt and stargazing

Down the lanes to Moulin Huet this morning, and took the cliffpath off to Jerbourg. I had brought my watercolours with me, and we stopped at a bench which overlooks Moulin Huet bay. It's a magnificent view, with craggy granite cliffs, and the paths there are lined with thick vegetation. It was a hot sunny day, and the horizon looking out to sea was a hazy blur. While Mum sketched the headland, I inexpertly daubed a picture of some rocks in the water. To look at something for twenty minutes or so, is like some kind of meditation in itself.

Renoir did a few paintings lower down of Moulin Huet on the beach, which is where I learned to swim as a kid.

Then on to Jerbourg, where we stopped by the kiosk and drank tea and water, and talked to the owner about the demise of the Idle Rocks hotel, whose burnt remains are still visible.

Mum then zoomed off to town, and ambled back to the hotel. I'm taking lots of photos, which I'll upload on my return. Noticed when I got home that my face had really caught the sun.

In the evening back to the Captains again, for a fish based meal and a refreshing beer with Betty. Betty who is deaf, is the Island's leading champion of hearing dogs. She has a newish hearing dog called Penny, and her old one Boo is living in happy retirement with her and her mum Mavis.

After we'd walked Betty home, I got my wee computer, and went out to examine the stars. With the stellarium program mum and I were able to identify the Auriga constellation which looks like a house with a roof, and nearby Castor and Pollux in the Gemini constellation, and pinpoint bright Saturn. It was rather nippy standing about after a bit, but I could get addicted to this stargazing business.

Below views from Moulin Huet to Jerbourg.




Comments