Smirking in the smoke

Up to London, to get my people fix. First stop to see Mum and Mase and collect the two sample spreads Mum has done for the children's book project, codenamed missing. She also showed me four of her paintings newly mounted and framed. They looked splendid. Then the three of us off to Stanmore to have a bite of lunch and a good chat in a pub called the Man in the Moon.

Then back to pick up my portfolio and, sipping a quick cup of tea, I noticed an old cassette of music that mum had compiled which she had labelled Jazz (dismal), which made me smile somewhat,

Then zoomed off to Glamoursmith to meet the French Bloke in the Riverside studios. Waiting for him, I finished a short book by Ivan Ward in the Ideas in Psychoanalysis series called Phobia. Very interesting for someone like myself, who collects phobias like other people do stamps. Funnily enough he described someone walking across Hungerford Bridge feeling phobic, something I myself have done on several occasions.

Interested by a discussion of Hitchcock's The Birds, which is was interesting to read due to my frequent use of them as symbols in my poems.

The French Bloke on very good form, looking really well, and clearly enjoying his new job. We had a cheeky glass of wine, as he had to go back to work and I then headed off to Strand on the Green to meet First Matie in the Bull's Head.

A really nice evening - and saw lots of other pals too: Lisa, Matty boy, Craig and Eva. Later we went across the road to have a nice meal in Annies - which is clearly Matt's second home. Really nice to see Lisa again, and very pleased Kate is now more settled, and has a lovely place to live. I took advantage of Matt's offer of a bed for the night, and boofed down within a stone's throw of the Thames.

Comments