Goaded by Spurs

Met up with Sophie and family again this morning. Watched the kids on the bungee trampoline thing on the beach, and then we went again to the Mock Turtle for a light lunch and cups of tea. I have loved having Sophie and her family visit Brighton, and I've had a really cheery weekend with them.

Then off to find a pub where Chelsea's cup final against Tottenham Hotspurs was being shown on a big screen. Found one around the corner from me, where Lorraine and I were able to get a seat. Not a good pub, and full of odd looking people and, Lorraine said, a distinct whiff of urine.

This not as bad as the stink coming from the TV. Chelsea scored first and as I rightfully gave voice to my pleasure it turned out that the pub was a nest of Spurs fans, which explained their homely appearance. Many of them were looking at me with less favour than before. But then, drearily, Chelsea played appallingly and Spurs managed to get a goal, and eventually a winner at the end of extra time. Felt bitter about the forces of wrongness asserting themselves in this way.

Sophie and the family called around just before catching their train, and Christof played me a song he was writing on his guitar. They gave me a copy of A thousand splendid suns, which I am looking forward to reading, and returned to London. Lorraine also returned home. Had a great weekend with all of them.

Sent out my Pamphlet project to a few friends and relatives to get some feedback. Quite pleased with how its going down so far.

A quiet night in, and early to bed,
Below Electra in the air.

Comments