Juno

Started working on the Pamphlet early in the morning. Worked all day certain of my big and cleverness, till I had a swim in the afternoon. Need to do more swimming as I was getting depressed that I was now so porcine that my clothes no longer fit me. Discovered however, that in fact one of my sweaters had shrunk in the wash, which made me feel slightly better.

Saw Lorraine tonight, and we went off to see a film called Juno, which is one of those films you don't expect much of, but is in fact a little gem. What a great script. It deals with a sixteen year old girl getting pregnant, and offering her baby for adoption. Thank goodness, loads of tired cliches are avoided. For example, the girl's parents are supportive, the girl knows her own mind and is resilient. It really is quite unexpectedly heartwarming.

Comments

Mecca Ibrahim said…
Saw Juno in December with a bunch of bloggers.

It rocked!!