Goodnight Seattle

Found myself googling snake skeletons and bat faces today for my skeleton story.

Snakes can have hundreds of ribs and more vertibrae than you can shake a stick at. And bats are plain weird. To be able to write for six straight hours uninterrupted about bat faces and skeletons is wonderful - if a little eccentric.

Later I took to baking bread and making a large pie.

Then talked to Louise for the first time in ages, and hearing her baby boy Thomas gurgling in the background. They are both doing well and I will visit them soon.

On a curiously sad note, finally watched the last episode of the final Frasier series. These characters really speak to me, and as someone said in the DVD extras, the show never talked down to its audience. It was consistently intelligent, and often brilliantly written - and always excellently acted. But most of all you invested emotionally in the characters, and I identify increasingly with Frasier himself these days. I often get the feeling of sadness when you finish a book you love. I don't often get that with a TV show, but I do with Frasier.

Below some cool bat faces purloined from other sites for your delectation.


Comments