May you live in interesting times

Over my migraine this morning. Which was just as well as work was very busy. Forced a cheeky swim at lunchtime however.

I think there will be a concerted effort to get me to stay full time at work, and this may result in a new job position. I will hear more about this in the next day or so I think. I am living in interesting times.

Also turns out I will also be flown to Switzerland to present some work for a pitch in a couple of weeks. Probably will have next to no time to see anything of the country, but maybe a few fleeting glimpses between being ferried between offices and airport.

I have booked some holiday at the end of September. So at least I have some time off in the future.

Coming to the end of Dune by Frank Herbert, as an Audiobook. Published in 1965, it is interesting how the book is so resonant at the moment. The idea of desert power, and people motivated by a combination of religion and politics to resist exploitation of their unique natural resource by foreign powers seems very current.

Worked late and then straight home to the guilty pleasure of fish and chips.

Comments