Bomb was poorly

Thank God for Friday. Beautiful weather, but a lot of work to be done, and yet more presentations of things to the same clients as I'd been with yesterday - but this time they came to the agency. Then, mercifully everything was done by 4:30 and I simply left.

Great to be home early, and after a bit of a rest and a shower I went up the road to check on Anton's place, and went thence to the Tin Drum to sip cold beer. There I texted Anton to let him know everything was okay and he replied with the mysterious message that "bomb was poorly but better now". Terrorism in Normandy? How come I'd not heard anything about it? Took me a while of looking at my phone keys to realise Bomb was Anna.

I was meeting a friend in the Tin Drum, and to go on for some Thai food. I was early which became a perfect moment in a fraught week. I loved being able to sit at a little table sipping a cold beer and having half an hour to think about poetry and jot in my notebook, while surrounded by a throng of cheerful Friday people. I also decided, feeling very cheerful, to go back to Guernsey very soon too.

Comments