Orc foot

Argh. Orc foot returns... After twisting my foot yesterday, woke up this morning with a really bad ankle again and unable to put weight on it without pain. Much laughable limping today, appreciated by my colleagues, one of whom remarked I looked like a wounded bear. Felt tired and out of sorts today, and not at all in the mood for work which is making my head explode. Stayed put at my desk when I was not in interminable meetings.

Toby sent me some excellent photos of Argentina this morning. I will put some on here shortly.

Having kept my sunglasses for some months without wearing them, I walked into the agency reception this morning, and they simply fell apart on my face as one of the tiny screws dropped out and was lost forever. Most annoying.

Home to a rejection of one of my stories from wretched Ambit. Will I never learn? They have rejected my work for more than 25 years. Briefly glimpsed into a dark well of rage and despair, but decided not to go there. Instead made a pork and lentil curry and simply ate this. Very nice. Sat on my sofa wishing I hadn't watched all the Frasiers and put a bag of peas on my ankle wrapped in a dishcloth or "pea cosy".

Did another Skelly thing here...


Comments