Ebbs and flows at The Blue Anchor

Working on stuff for my new pitch with my boss and we flew through it. We went to the Blue Anchor pub for lunch and had a chat about my career and to swirl some cloaks. I have decided not to go part time now, as by a strange twist of fate it looks like I may be promoted. It has been my constant refrain in the last few years that when I decide on a course of action, something else happens. But this could be an interesting challenge. More details here later. Then phoned the FB to join us in the pub to run some concept ideas past him, which was fun.

In need of coffee after, as I rarely drink at lunchtime. Managed to bluff my way through the afternoon. Bit of a Mexican themed party in the agency this evening, which I left early to meet Liz, who I'd not seen since she left the agency a few months ago. Loads of gossip to catch up on. Went into an Argentinian restaurant where we were served a huge lump of nearly raw steak which although tasty, and billed as medium rare, was more of a biology lesson than a meal. Lovely to see Liz as usual. Also bumped into Large Graham this evening, looming over me in the subway, and he looked exceedingly well.

Then home in good time.

Comments