Ambushed

Managed to catch the 6:17 train from Brighton. Dozed a bit and found the train pulling into London Bridge instead of Victoria, so had to schlepp across London grinding teeth. Got into work and everything was a hideous and urgent frenzy.

In the afternoon, however, I had to stand in for a colleague at a client meeting and zoomed off in a taxi to Surrey. Our senior suit had to leave halfway through the meeting, and then the excellent Lucy and I were ambushed. The clients who are under a lot of pressure, started interrogating and ranting for an hour about issues and deadlines (none of which were actually in my remit). Lucy put up a good defence, but as the senior agency person I had to gracefully accept the kicking. Eventually escaped in a taxi, pausing to have a fast drink to steady our shattered nerves while dealing with the messages that had stacked up. As we sat there Lucy, who is freelance, got a call about a dream job she'd been for an interview for, and told me she's leaving next week. Brilliant.

Home and watched the DVD of the Larry Sanders Show I picked up as a bargain £5 the other day. I absolutely loved this show, and it was a great to spend a couple of hours chortling in the evening.

Comments