A lively hore

Off to work listening to Alias Grace again by Margaret Atwood - which I gradually getting into. A beautiful woman in prison for being a murderess, with various Victorians studying and commenting on her in various ways. Grace has amnesia so doesn't know if she was party to the killing or not. Fairly intriguing stuff. And set in Toronto but I'm finding it a bit slow.

Much more relaxed today than for some time, but very disinclined to work.

Puzzling note from Trace in Hawaii, especially when speed read first thing in the morning. It said: "Dont know what ele to tell you that doent involve tale of how I'm befriending wild pig or teaching the hore not to run away when I try and catch him." All of which I thought had a colourful 17th century feel. Closer inspection revealed that her keyboard has a missing s key.

Spoke to Bob today to cancel an evening out, due to feeling tired, but I woke myself up a bit by going for a swim, then left at the regulation hour and zoomed back to Brighton.

Found myself looking at fish again in a new aquarium in my local Chinese takeaway. Home and I did little or nothing apart from watch two Futurama episodes I'd already seen while eating a takeaway Chinese curry and sesame prawn toast. God I need a rest.... However tomorrow I have to present to the whole agency in the afternoon. I think I shall work the idea of weasels into it somehow.

Below a fire seen from my office. A bit pall of smoke hung in the sky for about two hours from a fire a few miles away.


Comments