Another slog, another nosebag

Another early start. The hideousness abating as the day wore on. Left work shortly after 7 however, and met Lou and old friend I'd not seen for three years.

We had a Vietnamese meal in a restaurant called Saigon Saigon, and I heard about her new business as a self employed consultant, and a recent trip to Viet Nam. Then a quick drink on the street outside The Raven watching her smoke a couple of cigarettes. You can't smoke inside pubs these days of course.

Soon the call of the seagull grew strong in me. And I was on the train beginning my new audiobook Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood. I heard MA on a podcast recently and thought she came across as witty and interesting. Enjoying it so far, although Dune is a hard act to follow as a book to listen to while commuting.

Comments