Zooming about

Up early and gave into a craving for melted cheese and coffee, then pottered about before speaking to the lovely Sprinkles at five o'clock in the Florida morning. It was raining there, and blazing here in soggy old England.

Then Anna called and said she would come with me to buy a television. I zipped up the hill, and saw Klaudia drifting about in her purple dress (purple is her favourite colour which is why A&A's garden is bedecked with purple flowers) and sparkling pink shoes, and I held baby Oskar for a bit. He is such a tranquil thing.

As we left, Anton called after us asking Anna to check that I had my wallet, and to make sure I hadn't dropped it. It will be some time before Anton gets tired of the losing things business after yesterday's microphone incident.

Anna, a saintly woman, is the best person I know to go shopping with. As I learnt a couple of years ago, after sacking Anton as my personal clothes shopper, Anna proceeds with decisiveness and calm. A quarter of an hour after she drove me to the store I was the proud owner of a new TV. Anna makes things easy and stress free.

Anna dropped me home again with my TV and I had another chat with La Sprinkles and then rushed off to buy a rocket toy for Oskar's birthday, and collect a small aluminum table for my back garden. This quite heavy as I carried it on my shoulder back home. Then began to set up my TV, but had to break off to zoom off again to see Janet and Ken.

Lovely evening. Janet showing me some fabrics she has been working on, inventing new textures, and using her computer in complicated processes. There was faux chenille, and felting and paper with metal in it and so on. She is loving it. Ken on good form too and much more cheery than when I last saw him, and is starting a new writing project about the bloody history of the Cathars. We ate heroically, starting with some nuts, and duck pate and home made bread, and pasta, and salad, and cheese and then fruit salad and squares of cake. All washed down with big glugs of red wine.

Rolled back to the Twitten and then struggled ineffectually and with ill suppressed rage to get the TV working properly. Failed. Then spoke to Sprinkles. That woman must like me a good deal as she says my picture in yesterday's entry was cute.

Yawned happily off to bed.

Comments

aimee said…
Melted cheese & coffee? Bizarre, however, sounds like a lovely sunday regardless, was hoping to be home next weekend, and though I"m sure you'll be busy with your Sprinkles, it would have been fab to say 'ello. Still, unlikely to be home then anyway, so in a strange way it all works out! Have a lovely day PK x