A happy Monday

Lovely to sleep in until 8:30 this morning. I am feeling worn out and the prospect of being able to have a week of zzzzzzs in the morning is entirely wonderful. Woke up to some very interesting email from Sprinkles.

Then Anton and I went to the local BBC radio for a chat and to be shown how to use a small MP3 recorder. We met Neil Pringle and Lanie Whiting of BBC breakfast team, and very nice they were too. Neil gave us some good, practical advice on what to record and what to think about when recording. Anton and I will do some recording on the first leg of the Dragon walk two Saturdays from now - and we'll see how it goes. It's all good fun.

Both quite cheerful about this. Went off to a shop and got a cable to connect my iPod to my stereo, and a new phono stage which Anton assured me I needed for the turntable. Also looking at TVs as it would be nice to have one that isn't the size of a matchbox.

Home and Anton kindly set up the equipment before having to go back to work. After I popped down the Twitten as the two little girls who live a few doors down had a little table outside their house and were persuasively selling things ranging from a plastic UFO to freesia bulbs in pots. I bought some of these as they always remind me of Guernsey and walking past glasshouses where the intoxicating and concentrated smell of them was as thick as syrup.

Ended up having a long chat with them and their parents Han and Joy. One of the girls who was about seven I think wrote poetry and had a special book for her poems. I'd never had the opportunity to speak to them before and the whole family were really nice. Joy introduced me to two other neighbours from the other end of the Twitten. I also learned a bit of Twitten lore, that one of the houses had been hit by a bomb in the war and rebuilt.

Home and for some reason decided to do tiresome things, such as pay bills and so on, but I felt good for doing so afterwards. Dropped to sleep on the sofa and woke up feeling moody and tired. Must be the full moon but IM messages with Sarah cheered me up though! She has a habit of doing that.

Comments