The fascination of what's difficult

My brain will not work. Been sitting expectantly
in front of my computer and watching the tumbleweed and crows in the ideas department of my brain. Instead I want to sleep. This week was supposed to be about world domination, not narcolepsy. Grrr.

Trying with the Ecstasy monologue but all my ideas are useless. Have come to an impasse on
my useless poems. Just need to print off my reworked play about Thor but can't be bothered because it is useless.

Keep thinking
about those lines of Yeats: "The fascination of what's difficult/Has dried the sap out of my veins, and rent/Spontaneous joy and natural content/Out of my heart." Of course Yeats was a gloomy sod sometimes. That's one of the reasons I like his work so much.

The sunshine, of course, supplied by Sprinkles. She sent me a musical card. It sings the "Yummy Yummy Yummy, I've got love in my tummy" song when you open it and lots of Easter themed sprinkles fell out too, as well as two dragonflies.

We managed to talk in the morning before she went off to work which was fun. I moaned about my rubbish health and felt quite cheerful afterwards. Sprinkles had appeared to be running on no sleep at all at the moment, and is going through a very pressurised time at work so I was pleased that she would be getting some flowers today.

Just loving the Thomas Tallis CD I bought. In other news I got out of the house for an hour or so, and had a haircut. It was a beautiful day.

Comments