Freecycling the recycler

Work a bit of a slog today, but tubed into Soho this evening to meet up with the old Dell crowd. (We all used to work on the Dell account in times gone by, and it was so hideous that it forged long friendships). We met briefly in the crowded Crown and Two, and then we repaired as usual to the Delhi Brasserie to strap on the nosebag. We sat as we usually do in a small mirrored back room. A good evening full of gossip. Paula is now deputy MD of her agency, Marcella has been promoted to account director, and best news of all is that Ash and Phil have got engaged - so there will be a marriage to celebrate in the Dell posse.

Meanwhile James told us about a terrible night in a cinema. He has a phobia about blood and gore. He was watching a movie with his girlfriend, and started to feel wussy when the film got bloody. He went outside to the toilet still feeling horrible and fainted. He came to, having fallen heavily into the tiled wall, in a pool of his own blood. He had broken several teeth and he then had to crawl back into the cinema and retrieve his girlfriend looking like a horror show. He also hates needles and has an immense amount of dental work to be done. I did feel for him.

Home and I called Sprinkles who was driving and after some elementary cross examination revealed that she was shopping again for her trip. I am intrigued by what her suitcase can be made to contain. Her pal Tawny (aka The T-Bird) was laughing naughtily in the background. The ladies were evidently in good spirits.

After this I indulged in a bit of light crime. I snuck out in the dead of night with my huge empty composter, which dragged and boomed like a drum in the Twitten. It was delivered some months ago when I was at work, and it is half the size of my garden. Despite phone calls and so on to have it replaced with what I actually ordered, nothing has happened. I lost patience so left it in the street to be "freecyled" i.e. anyone who wants it can have it for nothing. Leaving huge composters on the street is not strictly legal of course, but it felt fantastic to have that big black monster out of my yard.

Comments