And relax...

Actually remembered how to relax today, and that holidays are big and clevah. After chatting with Sprinkles, I got busy in the garden and found this very therapeutic and completely dissipated my feelings of creative frustration. Gardening is the new rock and roll. I painted the wall of my tiny yard white again, and pruned and trimmed lots of stuff from the back for several hours.

Afterwards I felt like reading. Completing a moderately entertaining book I bought for my flight to Japan called Viking - Odinn's Child by Tim Severin. Then plunged into a short but refreshing snooze.

In the evening had a few cheeky beers with Anton. We went to three nice pubs all within a minute-or-so's walk from where I live. Both of us wondering what Sprinkles will make of Brighton and its boozers. Anton momentarily glum because he won't be able to upgrade his speakers for a while. A few scraps of chats about our radio thing too. Anton has already planned what sort of speciality sausages he will put into his sandwiches for the walk, which is well over a week away.

Then home and a quick IM conversation with Sarah who had had a bleak working day, before boofing happily into bed.

Comments

Kate said…
Boofing? I have heard this term before, but more in the manner of 'boofing' an unwelcome personage out of the area in which they are not welcome, if that makes sense. Particularly in tubes and train carriages. PS: When do I get to meet Sprinkles? Dates have changed here a bit, will give you a call.
Peter Kenny said…
I like boofing. I think it is akin to barging but with puffed up cheeks.

Will call re Sprinkles and to learn your cunning plans. P x