TV is big and clever

Lovely day again today. Woke up early and got out of bed at 6:30. Managed however to miss my train, and had to catch a slightly later one. As I answered a call from Anton on the train to talk tiresomely about his new phone, and it was then I discovered I was sitting next to Pam and had a nice chat with her. She had work to do, and I returned to listening to the excellent The Time Traveler's Wife. It works fantastically well as an audiobook.

Work fine. Had my lunchtime constitutional with the French Bloke, and we walked along talking authoritatively about wide ranging topics, towards Putney Bridge and back again. Walking in the sun by the river made us both feel very cheerful. Also got a call from Mad Dog as we walked who is doing well after being ill last week.

After work I went straight home, swapping text with Sprinkles on the train, and cooked myself a quick stir fry before managing to find the automatic tuning menu for the digital channels. And biff! Suddenly I had television like I've never had television before, and I scarfed my noodles basking in the 32" wide screen glory of it all. Then had some chats with Sprinkles, who had to leave work early.

Then zipped about doing laundry and tidying things somewhat in preparation for the visit of my Florida correspondent. Anton came around after 10 and worked out how to make the dvd picture the right size too. And now all is well. We watched something strange on freeview but it had Japanese ghosts in it, and Anton doesn't like things with ghosts in so we had to change channel.

However there was a worse cloud. Just before Anton left I found the instructions for operating the sound recorder we used on the walk. I suspect we haven't recorded things properly. I plugged the recorder into my laptop and the MP3 seized up ominously.

After Anton left I watched TV till late, for it is this week's gardening, which was last week's rock and roll. But went to bed feeling slightly doomy about the recording.

Comments