Two ideas out of the blue

Difficult business dragging myself from bed this morning. Felt sluggish after a bad night's sleep. Today, however, was a Monday that wasn't despicable for a change.

I was late into work, partly caused by the tube I was on changing its destination and me being so absorbed in the paper I didn't realise I was heading towards Wimbledon. However in doubling back to Earls Court I was struck out of nowhere by the idea for a poem about a meteor, and hastily scribbled it down on the platform. This one was nothing to do with what I had been consciously thinking about or feeling. Sometimes it's a mystery where ideas come from.

Work mild-mannered, once I arrived. I had a relaxing swim at lunchtime. Curiously I ended up working quite late though as I was struck by a work idea (which is more strategic and the result of my chats with Janet yesterday than strictly to do with my job). Wrote it out for a couple of hours, and emailed it off to the Powers that Be in the agency.

Arrived home at 9:30 and had a blameless night indoors.

Comments