Reload

Snuffling a bit on Saturday morning... slept in for hours. Chilled out completely with little blogworthy, apart from a funny skype conversation with another new friend in Florida called Sarah. Almost everyone I meet these days is called Sarah for some reason. Even the men.

Normally I'd prefer to plunge red hot pokers into my eyes than go Christmas shopping, but in Brighton on Sunday I felt consumed by a joie de vivre and feelings of tremendous freedom. I managed to get everything I needed, including lots of glasses as in the past couple of months I have recreationally smashed through loads of them. (This morning it was the turn of the cafetiere.)

In the evening Janet and Ken came by, and we had a lovely convivial evening. Enjoyed cooking and even shopping for it. They guinea pigged my experimental butternut and leek soup and survived. Lots of chat, and a fair amount of wine drunk. Topped off the night with the excellent Armagnac Bob gave me the other night.

Below... A photo of the feet of a tightrope walker/fiddle player in the lanes today, and sun caught in the Christmas lights.









Comments