Pea soup and venison stew

Fog update - according to the BA website it looks like my flight to Japan will be happening tomorrow. My flight is BA0005. I have reserved my window seat in advance and it has bags of legroom. For it is a fact that if I stare anxiously out of the window, wringing my hands and muttering prayers under my breath, this is the main contributor to the safety of all on board. Not that they thank you for it, especially the ones sitting next to you.

I have Lord of the Rings on my iPod and loads of drugs so all should be well.

Typically, this is the most protracted amount of fog I have ever experienced. Brings to mind London's old pea soupers in which it was impossible to see a pickpocket held in front of your face. Those were the early industrial days where smoking chimneys turned London's fog into a dense noxious smog. This inspired Monet in his painting of the Houses of Parliament, not to mention Jack the Ripper.

Popped up the road to give young Klaudia and Oskar their presents and have a nice mince pie, my first of the season, with Anna and Anton. I told them as such, but Anton said that it probably wasn't my first mince though, was it? The bairns being adorable as usual. Oskar happily sitting on my knee and beaming at me at one point: he's a good little lad.

Then home to swear and pack by turn.

Slightly galled this morning. My play has come back from the BBC clearly unread after a few months. I simply need to change my strategy. I also have another box fresh one ready to send when I get back. Also this morning got Other Poetry magazine with one of my poems in it. They had rightly corrected my usage in my poem, which I happily agreed to. However when it got around to printing it the useless arses left out an entire line which rendered a section of it meaningless, they also saw fit to alter the title without asking me. A small thing, but galling enough in a Pooterish way. Especially when actual publications this year have been a bit thin on the ground. Ah well. Sometimes the Gods and Goddesses don't smile you.

Sometimes, however, they do. Abundantly.

Schlepped up to Mum and Mase's place to hang out with them this evening feeling a bit worn out. Mase cooked a big bowl of venison stew for us, however, and all was cozy and warm against the dankness outside.

So, if you have been, thank you for reading my blog. Merry Christmas to you!

God willing, my next post will be from Japan. Sayonara!

Comments