Pat's 93rd Birthday

Up reasonably early, at my desk for a short while before making breakfast. Spoke to Mum and this morning, who was going to see Robert. Chatted with Anton who was taking it fairly easy I was pleased to hear. 

Pat's birthday today. Lorraine's uncle Steve having arrived at our place, Jonas and I went to collect Pat and Maureen and get them across to the Boot in the wheelchairs. I had to double back to fetch Maureen's hearing aid. Meanwhile Lorraine, Claudia, Beth, James, Enzo, and Delores and her granddaughter Azaria gathered in place. Plus there was a cake and the big balloons, one a heart, the other with nine, and the other with a three for Patrick's 93rd birthday. We all strapped on a preordered nosebag, and Lorraine phoned Sam and we sang happy birthday to him too. Enzo teething and not at his best today, and Beth and James took him home to give him some pain treatment. Otherwise a cheery gathering. I enjoyed chatting to Azaria, a bright girl who likes writing but had some difficulty with dyslexia.  

Then we repaired home. Pat and Maureen were wheeled to our house, and Lorraine and I collected the Etac turner from Maureen's flat. Maureen holding court with various and colourful stories. 

Steve had to set off again for Ramsgate, and Lorraine and I took Pat and Maureen back home, then dropped a present off for Yvonne, whose birthday it was. Brian was released from hospital, having had a difficult time in hospital with a slow heartbeat and very low blood pressure during the operation which meant they had to keep an eye on him.


In the evening watched a comedy horror film called Ready or Not, which Claudia and Jonas liked, and I thought was gory fun. Lorraine having not to look from time to time. 

Below Lorraine snapped this of Pat and Maureen, Claudia and Jonas.
  


 

Comments