A happy medium
Lorraine and I up early, as Lorranie had to drive Patrick to Eastbourne. Claudia and Jonas had a leisurely breakfast of cigarettes and coffee and a few bits of food this morning. They made off later to see Pat and Maureen.
I went to meet Anton, who was in Lewes having gone there to talk to a man about watch refurbishment. En route I texted Brian and Yvonne. Brian still in a lot of pain, and being kept in till his numbers realign. While having his operation his blood pressure and heart rate dropped quite dramatically. A bit of a dark night of the soul. Yvonne naturally concerned.
Anton fairly chipper. But wearing a hospital tag, in case he has to go into hospital so people can see at a glance what's been going on with him. He'd had a brilliant time in Spain with Camino, but it seems as if he had a heart event in the night in Spain, but didn't wake Camino up because they had to be up early, went to the airport, drank lots of coffees, flew back to the UK, did lots of other stuff, before contacting his doctor. Anton stresses me sometimes. However we had a lovely chat and some coffee in the Carafe cafe Lewes, and it was good to see him. He is going to take things easy and is not now working, thank God. If Anton had half my hypochondria, and I had half his nonchalance we'd have a happy medium.
Home, and in the afternoon I went to the gym, enquiring about my bifocals in Steamworks, and the gym. They are lost. Spoke with Mum, who had been to the dentist this morning, and also went to see her old pals at the new pub, which she had enjoyed.
L and I met Claudia and Jonas in the Boot. Chris and Julie there, with three of their pals, Ange, Tim and their son Leo, who were very pleasant. Steve, Carole, Kate and Andrew. Andy arrived too with a friend called Anna. All very chatty, and Jonas and Claudia seemed to enjoy themselves. Home, and Jonas and I stayed up talking about Finland and its history, over a few beers which I found very interesting.
A painting in the Carafe cafe of Virginia Woolf, which I thought was rather good.

Comments