Beside the seaside

Now that the One Day Forever material has been swept away for future publication, a pamphlet's worth of funnier material is miraculously assembling. In Brian Eno's A Year With Swollen Appendices, he reports advice given to him by his friend Stewart Brand: 'Why don’t you assume you’ve written your book already, and all you have to do now is find it?’ I love this thought. 

After a morning of enthusiastic work, we made off for the beach this afternoon, going via Morrisons. We ended up near Splash Point end, where we met Rosie and Innis, Adrian and Laura. A jolly afternoon barbecue, with several drinks and splash in the channel. I barely screamed at all getting into it, as it was the warmest channel dip I'd ever taken. Still quite refreshing. Utterly relaxed this afternoon. Now I know Adrian and Laura better, I'm really liking them.

Home and Lorraine and I watched the last two episodes of Babylon 5. Lorraine and I bereft now. It was a brilliant show.

Five (including Pippi) go mad in Seaford. Adrian and Laura took these, apart from the one of Adrian and I from behind taken by Innis. The red nosed me was a selfie. 

Below Innis squinting, me in a hat, Laura, Rosie and Lorraine; Rosie and Pippi; Innis and Adrian; Adrian and me; and me. 






Comments