Jam today

I wrote freely and with some gusto this morning. At lunchtime Lorraine gave me a lift to the gym, before she collected Betty and they made off to Eastbourne to see a musical theatre show Project Mincemeat, which they both loved. I went to the gym, passing Blatchington Pond which is now drying out. It's like the sub Sahara here. 

I enjoyed the gym, apart from  the giant shouldered man who arriving at the lat pull machine two seconds before me, squatted on it like a toad till I had to go. Bah.

Home and relaxed. Chatted to Mum. Apparently it is going to be incredibly hot again next week. So we will have to take a view on what happens to our plan to meet at the White Bear on Wednesday.  

Into the garden to pick plums from the tiny tree and this time they turned out to be worm free. The jam, three jars of it, set nicely and tasted fine. I always feel a real sense of achievement about making jam, I don't know why. Then I put together a quick stir fry and L and I happily scarfed noodles and watched Babylon 5.  All well.




 

Comments