CCTV is looking after you

To London this morning, via Brighton as the line from Lewes is still not safe. Doing some writing on the train, also asking Chat GPT about potential markets for my short stories. It is brilliant, like having a an efficient assistant. Arrived at Hampstead a little early and got chatting to the transport for London staff member, while waiting. She pointed out two people running through the barriers, who had just stolen things from the little confectioner newsagents in the station. 

When Mum arrived we made off to The Old White Bear. She told me she has been in touch with Steve from the Waggon, who was pleased to hear from her, and told her where they now drink. Which is a pub on the same route that she drives to the Waggon. It had closed for a few years, but has now reopened.  This is great as Mum can see her drinking pals again. Mum had pea soup again, and I had an arancini. We sat next to a woman with a dog, which Mum liked lots.

The Polish woman told us in her loud and cheery way that there had been a problem with no water going to that part of Hampstead overnight, but they luckily were okay. Fond farewells at Hampstead station. Slowish journey via Brighton again. Had to buy a snack at Brighton, as I was starving after one arancini for lunch. Got home, and I immediately went out again to buy a portion of fish and chips, which Lorraine and I shared.

Happy to be at home, and Lorraine and I had an early night, after watching a couple of episodes of an excellent TV program called Murderbot. 

Below an Orwellian notice on West Hampstead Thameslink station.




Comments