The heat was hot

Feeling happy and aware of my own luck and freedom this morning as I was up early making breakfast.    

Lorraine zoomed off to her personal training early today. I went to my desk and did some decent writing first thing, Lorraine off to do her personal training. After a couple of hours I went to the gym, slinking from shadow to shadow as it was very hot. Some fairly gentle exercises, breaking back into it gradually and carefully. I did a decent 25 mins on the cross trainer, and played with some weights. The lats machine is particularly good for me as they tighten the back muscles and helps a chap stand up straighter. 

Too hot to do much more than read some poetry books in the garden, and sort out a few bits of admin.  Took a walk following a fox along the street in a lovely cool breeze just before I climbed into bed. Lorraine and I are on The Horse and His Boy by C.S.Lewis and read a bit where they characters are cross the burning desert to escape Calormen. A hot night here in Seaford.

A Pauline Baines illustration from The Horse and His Boy. 



Comments