Goodbye to all that

5 am. The unmistakable sound of Calliope fighting a big black cat outside, I poked my head through a bedroom window, and skillfully spouted a little water from an indoor watering can onto the black cat, who was twice the size. Calliope then chased it off.  However when I got up later, there was no sign of Calliope. She is normally pestering me in the morning. I went around the garden calling for her, then outside in the street and the alley behind the house. I was beginning to think the worst but she appeared from some secret hiding place and all was well.

Up late, Lorraine having to rush off to do StoryTime without a breakfast. I did more editing on What's Inside

I also crossed the Rubicon, signing off my last business accounts, and closed down my business bank stuff. This felt liberating, more like a new beginning. I haven't ruled out making money in future, but no longer from freelancing for agencies. So ends my little writing business est. 2007. It did me well for 17 years.  

Pat and Maureen glued to Wimbledon. Lorraine and I shopping and tidying, before Brian and Yvonne come round for dinner with us all. They were lovely with Pat and Maureen. A really cheery evening, with Lorraine excelling herself with dinner. We are very fond of the pair of them.

Quite late when they left, and off to bed.

Meanwhile, a large cucumber from Kenny Farm.



 

   

Comments