Back in the Basketmakers

Lorraine off to Ashford this morning, after going to Rhyme Time. I spent time working on the What's Inside story, having regained faith in it. A nice note from Diana at Mariscat Press about the sampler publication some of my poems are in, which will be published early Autumn. This afternoon I spent two hours talking with Charlotte and the other Understorians Marilyn, Emma and Linda. Soon after I'd begun this little group a few months ago, I learned that Marilyn, who I'd just met, will be published in the same Mariscat sampler.  

I mooched into Brighton this evening to meet Mark and Peter in the Basketmakers. Sat there eating wasabi peanuts and shooting the breeze for quite some time. The England and Netherlands semifinal besieging other pubs, but not in Baskets. Mark and Peter both shared zero interest in the footie. Off for a decentish pizza at Franco Manca. 

Could tell by the roar we could hear in pizzeria that England had won. Home on the train with Mark, and then home. I took the precaution of drinking lots of water throughout the evening so returned with top hat vertical.

Home, and sat up in bed and watched short highlights of the game on my laptop with Lorraine snoozing beside me. All well, and England looking more like it.


Comments