Spider icebreaker

Another day without a cloud in the sky. Recording with Robin this morning, and then doing my writing, and also thinking about revamping my other site and it is tired and not simple enough. 

Lorraine drove off to the gym, but events conspired against her, and she got stuck in assorted traffic jams and had to call it off, and returned back via the garden centre. 

In the afternoon, I went to Newhaven by train to a place called Bodyhaven, where Lorraine had made an appointment for me to have a massage. The charming owner of the business, Chi, saw a spider on the floor, and pointed to it in horror. Spider, she said handing me a glass and a piece of card. I wrangled it, put it  outside, but it was a bit of an icebreaker. Excellent massage, even though my back was rigid to begin with. 

Lorraine met me outside Newhaven station, and we walked home through the remains of Tide Mills and along the seafront, pausing in the heat to eat ice cream and a lemonade in the sailing club. Having passed a man playing bagpipes, which was quite atmospheric. Then home. Lovely to have a walk with Lorraine. Blinking hot though, and we sat outside in the shade to cool down when we got home.

Lorraine leaving Newhaven, and a ruins at Tide Mills, and Lorraine's snap of a man with bagpipes.








Comments