Child's play

Another scorcher. Because of the climate crisis, and as the owner of a garden, enjoy this hot weather is a mixed blessing. I am getting daily emails from South East Water urging me to not use water. It's a drought, and there is no sign of rain. Up early and a quick edit on the new episode, and then some good writing. Much of the latest episode is about poetry for children. Suddenly I was hit by the idea that a couple of my poems, that I have never satisfactorily finished, were actually poems for kids. Being someone who has written children's fiction and poetry it has simply never occurred to me to write poetry for children. This reframing of what I had done, allowed me to complete two poems in a matter of two hours, and left time for struggling with my other website and looking at something for one of my French client, for a non-chargeable five minutes. 

 Lorraine went off to see an old work pal who lives around the corner, called Helen, who has just retired too, and they had lots in common and she stayed talking for hours. She returned for a late lunch, I sampled Lorraine's excellent new sauerkraut, plus eating the last of her home made lemony hummus, I sloped off to the gym where I did a 30 minute trundle on the cross trainer. Then to Morrisons to do a bit food shopping so Lorraine could make a gorgeous moussaka which we scoffed this evening. 

Below an old photo of the number 7 bus in Guernsey that took us home from town back in the mists of time.




 

Comments