Intruder alert

Lorraine and I had a happy morning pottering about, and finalising the colour choices, as it seems decorators might be arriving soon. Now there is a chance of it actually happening, making the choices is fun, and it took a lot of discussing and using the dulux visualiser app, which is quite handy.

Clearing up after the barbecue last night, and couldn't find the brush I use to clean the barbecue. Later Lorraine found it on the lawn, clearly a fox had been playing with it. Later the war against seagulls escalated badly. A seagull broke in through an open window into the kitchen. I went to step inside the house from outside, and saw through the closed door a seagull sitting on the kitchen surface, having been digging about in the cat biscuits. I opened the door, and it blundered out again. A seagull standing inside your kitchen looks much larger, and there is something quite disturbing about birds indoors -- an image I have used in a couple of my poems.

Indolent this afternoon, dozing off on the sofa. Out to the back where Lorraine used a school mind control technique on me while I was half asleep. Do you want to water the back of the garden or this bit? Instead I listened to the latest podcast interview by Robin, and thought about poetry a bit before going out and digging a hole to put a raspberry cane in, and a bit of other garden tidying. Lorraine busy outside this afternoon, but she was in the kitchen when the Seagull attempted another entrance through the back door again. Bandit.

Went to bed, late, with the rumble of thunder over the channel and hoping it might rain for the first time in a month.





  

Comments