Barbecue and bats

A cheery day. Up fairly early for a Saturday. I went to the gym this morning, and on my return found Lorraine, Beth and her old pal Laura were sitting under the umbrella outside in the sun, sipping iced coffees. We'd not seen Laura for ages, and it was good to see her, especially as she is now expecting a baby. She was looking very good on it, but Laura, who is a funny girl like Beth, putting it down to vomiting so badly the first few weeks, that she lost loads of weight. Beth enjoying a free weekend as James was watching motor racing on the continent.  

After I had a shower, we had some light snacks of Lorraine's deliciously lemony home made hummus and things like carrot sticks, and felt very virtuous.

In the afternoon, after a spot of meditation, Lorraine and I got ready for Patrick and Adele to come around. I decided to barbecue as in this weather it is a winner. Cooked chicken with limes in, and a few sausages and Morrisons Finest Scotch beef burgers, onto which I melted Monterry Jack cheese. As Anton always predicted, I am loving it, and loving the bits of palaver that go with it, such as lighting the charcoals and setting it all up. 

Had a nice meal, with Lorraine cooking lovely new potatoes and a variety of salads. All washed down with cold beers as the weather demanded. Patrick and Adele excellent company as usual. Adele brought with her some stained glass of the legs from the Duke of York's cinema in Brighton -- a replica of the glass she was commissioned to make by the Duke of York's. We love it as it is a reminder of our time in Brighton, as it was very close to where we lived in the Old Church Hall. Patrick very interesting talking about Shakespeare, as he has acted in several Shakespeare plays.

Sat in the garden as it grew dark, and bats zoomed about overhead. I heard mosquito like buzzing in my ear, we repaired indoors.

Below, Blatchington pond, which I pass on the way to the gym. Calliope enjoying some shade.





  


Comments