A spot of culture

I was doing some freelance work with Gabriel one of my French clients again this morning. This done by one o'clock, however. Lorraine busy in the house and garden, a quick bite to eat before Yvonne arrived for coffee. We sat outside chatting for a couple of hours. I liked it when she described having a bald patch as having an egg in the nest. We also took Yvonne on a full guided tour of the garden, and she brought us a cutting of a succulent.

Once she left, Lorraine and I did our meditation and sat quietly for twenty minutes. Later, Robin and Nick collected us to drive us into Brighton along the coast road (this being a train strike day) where Robin was reading with a few other Frogmore stalwarts. An enjoyable enough evening, and a good opportunity for me to say hello to a few people, chiefly a delightfully sweary Anne Perrin.  The readings ranged from stuff I hated and stuff I liked a good deal, which is what you'd want really. I thought Robin's reading was excellent, and I enjoyed Jeremy too. Janet Sutherland was also reading from her new book The Messenger House among other things. 

Nice to be in The New Venture Theatre. I am slightly surprised I never did anything there really. 

Nick drove us home, luckily their route had taken them to the bottom of our street anyway. I probably overshared my opinions on the way home. Lorraine and I stayed up till really late afterwards, for no good reason.

Below Robin and Jeremy reading their poems.




Comments