Schoolmates

Lorraine off to Ashford this morning, and I zoomed to Brighton for 12 to get my hair cut by Stacy, to undo the great Seaford hair debacle of a few weeks ago. I confessed my infidelity and promised it would never happen again. Then I mooched back up to the station where I met my old schoolmate Peter Hoibak. Spent the afternoon having a few beers and catching up on the last forty something years. He joined the Police at eighteen and a half, and stayed a policeman until he retired. I found him a lovely man, kind and generous in his ways, and with a hinterland of lots of reading. He loved being a policeman, and wanted to remain a constable, so as not to burden himself with paperwork when he loved the hands on stuff.

We had a cheeky in the Nelson on Trafalgar Street, and then repaired to the Basketmakers for a couple of hours which was in one of its rare quiet phases. We will certainly meet again.

Trained home and went to the pharmacy to collect my drugs -- all except for the new ones they do not have in stock. Had to wait twenty minutes or so, so repaired to Steamworks, for a cheeky. I got home after Dan and Greg were gone, and the place is progressing. The mushroom colour, actually composed of brushstrokes of aqua green and mauve is all gone now, blissfully buried by white and a Hague blue.

Home and Lorraine home a while after me. A cheery evening, and a fairly early night.

Below... Peter and me. The little heart makes me laugh. I didn't notice that before.



Comments