The summer starts

Up fairly fresh, despite Calliope's best efforts. She managed to get out onto the roof in the night, and yowled through the velux windows till I got up and rescued her. As a thank you she went into he garden, and returned shortly after with a live frog which when I got out of bed to deal with it, it jumped wetly on my foot forcing me to yelp like the heroine of a Victorian melodrama.

As the plumbing was coming to some kind of culmination. Toby and I suck to home for the morning and early afternoon. We sat outside drinking coffee and chatting. And when it was too sunny to sit outside, being the hottest day in recorded history, or something like it, we came inside where the plumber insisted on putting the radiators on to test the new radiator in the bathroom. Eventually the plumbing stopped with promises to actually finish it tomorrow. I till believe it when I see it.

Toby and I free then to go for a walk, into Preston Park, and it was seriously warm. Mooching about chatting about everything. Then we went to the Park View pub for more shandy. Lorraine was finished work at last today, having to go into school as new IT was being installed all day. We met our in the Park View garden, and celebrated with cold beer.  Then home for a leisurely dinner in the garden, and share a bottle of Bolney pink fizz that she had been given. A cheery night. Romy, Toby says, is already working on a plot for us four to meet up again next summer.

I'm really happy that Lorraine has finished school. Really happy to have Toby here too. All good. The summer starts here.

A sunny Toby in the walled garden.



Comments