A lively evening

Up early and off by bus and then a bit of a walk in the light rain to Hove Polyclinic where I was meeting Janet who had gone there for a blood test. I arrived before her, and cleverly secured a ticket from their ticket machine, so that when we arrived Janet could go straight through. The nurses very sympathetic there, and chatted kindly to Janet. Any medical encounter is triggering her at the moment. We drove from there to the Waitrose nearby where Janet bought a couple of bits, and we had coffee and talked quite a bit.

Then she drove home, and I called Betty to see if she was ready to come with me on the bus to see Sam and Jade. She wasn't.

The weather improving rapidly, I came home, and then we four walked down into Brighton. I asked Jade what she thought of Jordan B Petersen, and it wasn't good. Interesting to hear her opinions about him, as I have thought quite a bit about him having read his book when I was in Spain. Both Sam and Jade thought him a bad thing.

Once in town, Sam and I quickly ended up sitting outside the Basketmakers talking about the limits of what language could describe, and after a few spots of shopping Jade and Lorraine joined us, and then Beth. We had some food in the Basketmakers. Turns out Monday evening is an optimum time to get a drink and a seat there, but even so it is still one of Brighton's most popular pubs, and our favourite.

After some time, Lorraine, Jade and I decided to leave, and left Beth and Sam to it. Once home, Jade and I had a few more drinks and sat outside in the garden talking of all manner of things until late. Lorraine, being extremely tired, crept off to bed earlier.

Comments