A puppy called Pippi

The tiler came and simply tiled the bathroom. The job that started 20 days ago has made a step forward.

I went out this afternoon for a late lunch with Rosie, Innis and their pal Julia. Most importantly for Rosie, was a puppy called Pippi. I was told off for referring to Pippi as 'it'. Pippi was a rather gorgeous little puppy as you can see from below.

Interesting chats with everyone, and interested to hear about Julia's trips to Sri Lanka with charities, and the hideous aftermath of the tsunami there. Apparently, there was a 'second wave' an unrestrained outbreak of rapes and attacks that has left a legacy of orphaned children, and 'bad' girls. Having been to Sri Lanka and met some of the people there in the past, I find this second wave of brutality difficult to imagine.

We left The Better Half, a lovely pub in Hove I'd not been to before, and it was clear that Pippi hadn't got the hang of walking yet, and needed a few drags to get her going.

Home and Lorraine out at her end of year gathering with all the teachers in Bolney. I found myself binge watching the League of Gentlemen, which at the time I hadn't watched much of. Much to like in it, even now. It hasn't really dated I think.





Comments