Decline and Fall

Slept like a baby, apart from the attentions of Calliope this morning. Fed her and Brian, made tea and sat in bed with Lorraine and I caught up with my blog. Then up as Dawn came around for coffee. I left the ladies chatting and worked on my French stuff for a couple of hours, sending some ideas off to Paris.

Spoke to Mas a couple of times. Mum now back home, which is good.

Heard from Richard, and his new collection is going to be published by Blue Ormer, which is splendid.

I needed an afternoon of indolence, feeling tired and depressive. Lorraine and I went for a walk around the block, then zombied in front of TV. We watched the Anchorman The Legend of Ron Burgundy, film, having never seen it before. Mildly amusing. Then all of the recent BBC adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's Decline and Fall which was very well done, funny and well paced. A brilliant adaptation I thought.

And so to bed, setting my alarm for 6:15 tomorrow. As Nigel Molesworth might say, Chiz.



Comments