It's alive!

Walked home this morning after slurping tea in bed made by Lorraine. A beautiful day. Busied myself rehearsing and tidying, until a nice Romanian man came to the Twitten at noon to replace my hard disk, like a heart transplant but less messy. He also fell in love with Calliope as she poked her head into the open computer next to him, and walked on the desk watching him typing. Now I have a Frankenstein's PC freshly loaded with Windows, and got busy downloading my bits and pieces, copying files across and trying to get on with all the business, and by 7.00pm had almost reassembled it.

The day interspersed with rehearsals and I am feeling more confident about being able to give a good account of myself tomorrow. Had many windows open and wondering slightly afterwards what people would have made of all the passionate bleating indoors. This interspersed by calls from Beth who had urgent faxes to send to secure a place in a shared house when she goes to college, and almost no time to sort things out. Lorraine uncontactable. Nice chat with Bob, who was sounding well and cheery - haven't seen him for some time now, and this needs to be fixed.

In the evening off to The Evening Star where Lorraine and I met Richard and Maria for a chat and an appropriately restrained beer, which after fiddling with computers all week was something I needed. Maria who we were meeting for the second time, is a very pleasant Italian woman, and Richard now keen on the idea that we should become labelmates when it comes to our CDs.

Home to naughty but nice fish and chips.

Below deliberately grainy images of Beth, Mark and Callum I am using for the poster for Pack of Three... An alien Callum, A pirate mark and a corpse-like Betty.



Comments