Pied

Sunny morning and feeling more cheery this morning. Naturally, having decided to move next week, the job next week has miraculously re-appeared. I' did not have a very productive day. The truth is I feel somewhat jaded, and even a satisfyingly sweaty gym session did not increase my motivation. However I designed the CD label.

In the afternoon found myself sucked into watching the Murdochs giving an account of themselves to the House of Commons select committee. Rupert appeared near-senile, while his son did the obfuscating US corporate drone impression. The committee was amateurish and toothless with the exception of Tom Watson, allowing the two to get away with murder. James knew nothing before 2007, when he joined the company. Does this mean that nobody briefed him about what happened a few years earlier in his father's corporation? An absurd defence that was allowed to stand. I enjoyed the custard pie moment in retrospect, and Murdoch's wife Wendi Deng's visceral response to it.

Being sucked into this was far more important, apparently, than doing the million things I have to do. Not in a great frame of mind at the moment. Not writing, not being productive, and feeling jaded. In the evening went for a short walk by the sea. Beautiful sky out of which rain fell as soon as I got there.

Below an idiot 'comedian and activist' apparently called Mr Marbles in the check shirt about to be attacked ninja-like by Mrs Murdoch. And, frankly, rightly so.

Comments

a said…
Remember Ernest Saunders of the Guinness 4? The only person ever to recover from Alzheimer's…