Tasks of small consequence

Dell think there is something wrong with the circuit that starts the computer, after I held the phone so the man in India could hear the persistently beeping but dead as a doornail bastard. They will send another engineer to replace it. On the plus side this means that all the important parts of the PC will have been replaced, effectively giving me a new computer. If only it would work. However the conversation was done inside half an hour which was a mercy.

With an imminent move, no working PC and no idea when the engineer will turn up, I began to feel myself drifting into limbo. So I repainted my green fence, chatted to Mark the trombonist about music, met Cath for a fast but enjoyable coffee as she was in town, had a haircut (skillfully avoiding the walrus-faced one and doging past the Police cordon outside the bookies which had been robbed), went to the gym and generally busied myself with tasks of small consequence.

Naturally my computer started perfectly at 9.00pm when I thought I'd give it one last try. Sigh. But by now my computer has taught me a Buddhist resignation. Randomly received an email from an old colleague called Sue, asking if I was single and trying to set me up on a blind date. These things never turn up when you actually want them to, and I declined politely.

Comments