The glowering stars

To the garden and fish centre, to get some plastic bags in preparation for moving my fish and for Lorraine to drift happily among the plants. We spent the afternoon in Lorraine's tiny narrow back yard painting a brick wall. This we painted white to reflect light back into her ground floor, which is large but lacks natural light. Turning dirty old bricks white was therapeutic, and it seemed to work, with the room seeming brighter even in the evening sun. I mostly used a brush and gave myself a finger blister on my first-against-the-wall-come-the-revolution hands.

After these labours off for a cheeky meal and cooling pint of lager. Explained to Lorraine how today is badly-starred (sun square sun). This vindicated when I returned home this evening to find that, having worked perfectly all week, my computer simply won't start again. I want to smash it with a hammer.

Tomorrow holds the prospect of another day wasted haggling with Dell. The computer has generous memory, a great spec, hard disk is brand new, there is no weird software on it, and the operating system has been reinstalled last week, and yet the bastard will not work. I have no idea why, nor has anybody else. It is utterly maddening to be back where I started two weeks ago. Progress blocked, and all the work I did on Friday lost.

Comments