Two Legless Ramblers please

Sore throat. Muesli. Work. Quorn-based stir fry. Haircut. Waiting for work. Work. And in the evening, after a chat with Lorraine and a read of the fascinating The Mind in the Cave.... A beer.

Ah beer. Beer, beer, beer. Went to the Evening Star where I met Fingers, Richard, Steve and a few others including a nice flautist called Claudius with whom I found I could talk about Negritude poets. As the Evening Star is a home of real ales, I drank a beer Steve recommended called Legless Rambler. A nice thing. And I had another one to keep it company. And then a half.

What I realise is that although beer is certainly a pleasant drink, my love of pubs is 90% about the people. Booze tastes nice, is undoubtedly a relaxing social lubricant, but it does get fetishised. I'm worried that I am in danger of developing a grown up approach to boozes.

My mission is to lose weight. But in the next week I will have a few more beers, before I climb aboard the waggon again till the play finishes. I weighed myself, and disappointingly my weight loss has reached a plateau. Brief trips to the gym seemingly not enough when I am at my desk for 12 hours a day. But the mission continues.

Comments