Blue sky in the windows

Lorraine and I off today to Nymans National Trust property. It was a beautiful blue spring morning. Nymans is a nice enough estate but sadly 9,000 other people had an identical notion of how to spend Sunday morning. Still it was enjoyable, although I did radiate ill will towards all the others (except for Lorraine's old colleague we bumped into as we left). Splendid to feel a warmth in the sun, and see crocuses, snowdrops, daffodils, cyclamen, daphne and other harbingers of the spring. I love walking in these places with Lorraine as she is genuinely excited by the signs of Spring, and goes about stroking the fur of magnolia buds and noticing off white flowers everywhere.

Nymans has a recent ruin in it. Slightly surreal sight of windows framing only sky. Also saw a Red Admiral which seemed unfeasibly early to me.

The afternoon rainy, and Lorraine and I back in Brighton. I had a craving for the Venn intersection of the set of noodles and the set of chicken, so we sauntered off to The Giggling Squid for a late Thai lunch where my needs were catered to. Then to our separate homes where I mostly idled, when I wasn't loafing.

Below Nymans today. A magnolia bud, cyclamen, the red admiral perched on some beautifully smelling daphne, and two window frames.
















Comments